Attention Gerrity’s Employees
Neal J. Fasula Scholarship Fund
Gerrity’s Supermarkets, the Fasula family and the Scranton Area Foundation are pleased to announce the 2019 Neal J. Fasula Scholarship Fund. Neal J. Fasula was owner of Gerrity’s Supermarkets for nearly 30 years. This scholarship was created in his memory to honor his contributions to the food industry and to the employees of Gerrity’s Supermarkets.
Eligible employees or their dependent children to age 23 can apply each year for a scholarship award for the upcoming school year. Monies will be available for the 2019-2020 school years.
You are eligible to apply if:
- You have worked with Gerrity’s for one year (12 continuous months) as of January 1, 2019.
- You have a minimum of 750 hours (15 per week) the preceding year.
- You are the dependent child of a Gerrity’s employee and your parent has worked with Gerrity’s for 5 years as of January 1, 2019. Parent employees must have worked a minimum of 1250 hours (24 per week) per year.
- Your employment is in good standing with an above average performance.
- You display good citizenship, a good attitude and service to others.
- You maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- You will be a full time college student with a minimum of 12 credits enrolled in an accredited degree-granting institution in the fall of 2019.
Applications must be submitted to the Scranton Area Foundation by February 28, 2019. Winners will be announced in June 2019.
click here to download the application
If you have any questions:
Call Gerrity’s Main Office at 342-4144 ext. 130